Flatbread Pizza with Peanut “Sausage” Crumbles
This peanut “sausage” crumble could be used on top of pizza or added to your favorite breakfast casserole.
|1||cup dry roasted peanuts|
|1/2||tsp. granulated garlic|
|1||tsp. fennel seeds (ground)|
|1/2||tsp. red pepper flakes|
|1||tbsp. creamy peanut butter|
|1||(14oz) pizza dough crust|
|3||tbsp. olive oil|
|2||roma tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|5||oz. mozzarella cheese|
- Combine peanut sausage ingredients into a food processor and blend until it is finely ground and can hold together if pinched.
- Mix olive oil with garlic and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough crust into the desired shape, brush with half of the garlic & olive oil mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with additional garlic oil.
- Top with cheese, tomato slices, and peanut sausage crumbles. Pinch them together into sausage balls, or sprinkle across the whole flatbread.
- Bake an additional 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown. Top with basil leaves, slice and serve.
Estimated Nutrition Facts:
Peanut “Sausage” Crumbles Only: 107 calories/serving, 9 grams of fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams protein, 150 mg sodium and 2 grams of fiber.
Flatbread Pizza with Peanut “Sausage” Crumbles: 330 calories/serving, 19 grams of fat, 29 grams of carbohydrate, 12 grams protein, 600 mg sodium and 3 grams of fiber.