No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Easy to make and hard to resist, this no bake pie is just the ticket for a fast holiday feast.
|Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate, melted||1 cup|
|Brown Rice Crisp Cereal||2 1/4 cups|
|Pumpkin Purée||1 cup|
|Coconut Sugar||1/2 cup|
|Creamy no-added-sugar peanut butter||1/2 cup|
|Unsweetened Coconut Milk||1 cup|
|Pinch of Salt|
Chopped dairy-free dark chocolate
- Place a round cut-out piece of parchment paper at the bottom of a pie pan. Grease the sides with coconut or avocado oil.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, mix together the rice crisp cereal and melted chocolate until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan, cover with a piece of parchment paper and press down to form a pie crust. Place in the freezer for at least 25 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the pumpkin, sugar, peanut butter, coconut milk, corn starch, vanilla and sea salt. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Add the filling mixture to a saucepan, and heat over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, whisking constantly until it is thick enough to coat the whisk. Remove from heat.
- Pour the peanut butter filling into the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top with a cake spatula.
- Place the pie in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to set.
- Remove from fridge and add whipped cream, chopped peanuts and chopped chocolate (if using).