Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
You can’t go wrong with the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Scones are so delicious and take just 35 minutes to make. They’re great for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|1/2||cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces|
|2/3||cup chunky peanut butter|
|4||oz low-fat buttermilk|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1||cup chocolate chunks|
- Preheat the oven to 375◦F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the butter to the flour mixture and cut in with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Do not overmix.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract. Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture, add chocolate chunks and combine just moistened without overmixing.
- With lightly floured hands, knead the dough in the bowl until it comes together and transfer it to the prepared baking sheet. Press the dough into an 8-inch diameter disk and cut it in 8 wedges or make mini scones by dividing the dough in half and cutting into 8 equal pieces with each half. If desired, brush the top of the wedges with additional buttermilk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake about 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack.
Calories: 200 (130 without chocolate chips), Fat: 10g fat (6g without chocolate chips), Carbohydrates: 27g (18g without chocolate chips)
3 g (2 g without chocolate chips)