- There are about 190 calories in peanut butter
- It contains 7.7 grams of protein
- It has only 16 grams of fat
- It has 6.9 grams of carbohydrates
- Peanut butter also serves as a rich source of vitamin E and vitamin B-3
Of course, these numbers may change depending on the type of peanut butter you prefer. For more specific information, check the nutritional label on your peanut butter of choice!
Did You Know? 6 interesting facts about peanut butter’s effect on your body
- It may reduce your risk of developing diabetes
A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that consuming just two tablespoons of peanut butter for five days a week may lower your risk of developing diabetes by nearly 30%.
- It can help you lose weight
Peanut butter can prevent you from overeating. It’s protein and monounsaturated fat is highly satisfying, leaving you feeling fuller. It’s also been shown to increase metabolism, which can help with weight loss.
- Peanut butter may reduce the chances of your baby having a peanut allergy
A 2014 study found that mothers who ate peanuts or tree nuts at least five times a week were less likely to have a baby who was allergic to nuts.
- It can give you a boost of energy
Peanut butter makes a great addition to breakfast or an afternoon snack because the fiber, fat, and protein can give you a much-needed energy boost. In addition, it helps keep your blood sugar stable so you don’t have an energy crash later in the day.
- It may help develop healthier muscles and nerves
Peanut butter is high in magnesium, which powers more than 300 biochemical reactions in your body. It also assists in maintaining a healthy nervous system, temperature regulation, and detoxification.
- It helps to reduce stress and increase cognitive function
Antioxidative properties in peanut butter reduce stress on the brain, meaning the brain can function at higher levels.
Peanut butter benefits not only your taste buds, but your body and mind too. Peanut butter is a snack you can feel good about eating, especially since by law, peanut butter has to contain at least 90% peanuts. So make sure you take full advantage of all of the health benefits this yummy snack provides and incorporate some peanut butter into your meals and healthy snacks.