Peanut Power Bowl
Happy Foodie Friday, Friends! Today I’m partnering with The Peanut Institute by teaching you how to stir up your own power bowl at home. Power bowls are incredibly popular on social media right now because of their beautiful presentation and vibrant color. As a Registered Dietitian, I really like them because they can also be a great way to get a balanced meal especially if you top it with peanuts!
Peanuts are one of my favorite foods because…
- They are affordable and portable! Dry roasted peanuts range anywhere from 14-16 cents per ounce. This is really affordable and I love that I can take peanuts with me on the go!
- They are nutritious because they contain protein, healthy fats, and heart healthy nutrients.
- They’re incredibly filling, making it the perfect way to top off your power bowl!
PEANUT POWER BOWL RECIPE
- 1/4 cup +1 TB water
- 1/2 cup peanut powder
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TB lime juice
- 1 TB brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic cloves
- Build Your Base With Whole Grains. Whole grains provide a good source of fiber. I would recommend about 1/4 cup of quinoa or brown rice.
- Add Your Protein. Choose a lean protein source which can include lean beef, chicken, pork, eggs or beans.
- Pick Your Veggie. Pick 2-3 different types of veggies! The more color you add, the better!
- Dress it up with a healthy fat source! For this power bowl, I used a spicy peanut dressing.
- And finally, top it off with peanuts for extra power!