No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Easy to make and hard to resist, this no bake pie is just the ticket for a fast holiday feast.
1 cup of dairy-free dark chocolate, melted
2 1/4 cups of brown rice crisp cereal
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
3 tbsp of cornstarch
1 tsp of vanilla
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, no-added sugar kind
1 pinch of sea salt
- Place a round cut-out piece of parchment paper at the bottom of a pie pan. Grease the sides with coconut or avocado oil.
- Make the crust: In a large bowl, mix together the rice crisp cereal and melted chocolate until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan, cover with a piece of parchment paper and press down to form a pie crust. Place in the freezer for at least 25 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the pumpkin, sugar, peanut butter, coconut milk, corn starch, vanilla and sea salt. Whisk the mixture until smooth.
- Add the filling mixture to a saucepan, and heat over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, whisking constantly until it is thick enough to coat the whisk. Remove from heat.
- Pour the peanut butter filling into the prepared pie crust. Smooth the top with a cake spatula. Place the pie in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to set.
- Remove from fridge and add whipped cream, chopped peanuts and chopped chocolate (if using).
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chopped dairy-free dark chocolate.
Estimated Nutritional Information