Black N’ Blueberry Muffins with Peanuts
Filled with peanut protein, these muffins are a great idea for busy mornings. Freeze extra muffins in a zip-topped freezer bag for up to three months!
1 3/4 cups of spelt flour
1/4 cup of peanut flour
1 tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
3/4 tsp of salt
2 each of eggs
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
3 tbsp of melted butter
3 tbsp of peanut butter
3/4 cup of blueberries
3/4 cup of blackberries
3 tbsp of chopped peanuts
- Place the rack in the top third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with paper liners or grease with butter.
- In a large bowl combine the four, peanut flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl lightly beat the eggs, whisk in the buttermilk, brown sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Don’t be concerned if the mixture looks lumpy.
- Stir the wet ingredients and berries into the dry ingredients until most of the flour is incorporated. Don’t over mix. Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups. Top with chopped peanuts.
- Bake until the muffins are golden brown around the edges and a cake tester in the center comes out either clean or with a few crumbs attached. 11 to 13 minutes.
- Set the muffins on a rack to cool for 1 minute. Twist gently to release the muffins. Enjoy warm or cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
Estimated Nutritional Information