Chef John Folse & Company Deep-Fried Turkey
1 each of turkey, 16 pounds
3 gal of peanut oil
8 oz of wishbone Italian dressing
- In a turkey frying pot, heat oil over a propane burner outdoors. Using a candy thermometer, preheat oil to 350 F.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all seasoning ingredients with Italian dressing and one half cup water. Blend 2-3 minutes to break the dried seasonings into the liquid mixture.
- Using a poultry injector, season the breast by injecting 2 -3 times on each side and repeat the process on the upper thighs. Slowly submerge the turkey by using the handles included in the frying set two to three inches at a time, to keep the oil from boiling over.
- Once the turkey is completely submerged, maintain a frying temperature of 335-350 F and cook three minutes per pound or until internal temperature of breast reaches 150-155 F, approximately 50 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oil and allow to sit overnight.
Ingredients to add to your liking: hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt.
Estimated Nutritional Information