Chorizo-Spiced Latin Style Brine Deep Fried Turkey
1 cup of honey
5 qts of water
1/2 cup of molasses
1 1/2 cups of salt
1/2 cup of chorizo
1 tbsp of allspice berries, toasted and ground
2 tbsp of coriander seeds, toasted and ground
1/4 cup of fresh or dried marjoram
4 1/2 tbsp of sweet paprika
1 tsp of cumin, ground
1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of italian oregano, dried
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
2 tsp of marjoram, dried
1 dash of salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine the molasses, honey, and very hot water until dissolved
- Ad the remaining ingredients and cool to 45°F to 50°F
- Add the protein, ensuring that it is completely submerged
- For a 12 pound turkey, marinate for 24 hours in the refrigerator
- Rinse and dry for a few hours; discard the brine.
- Deep-fry according to instructions.
- Combine all ingredients.
© 2011 The Culinary Institute of America. Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to The Peanut Institute.
Estimated Nutritional Information