Easy Beef Satay
Skip the take-out tonight and try this super easy Beef Satay at home instead! Perfect as a meal prep or as a weeknight dinner.
1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup of soy sauce
4-5 tbsp of sriracha
1 can of coconut milk, (308 ml)
1 ea. of juiced lime
1/2 ea. of lemongrass
3 ea. of minced garlic
2 ea. of green onions, the dark green part
600 grams of flank steak
1 cup of assorted vegetables
1/2 cup of peanuts
1 pinch of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha, coconut milk, and lime.
- Once mixed thoroughly, set aside half as a dipping sauce. In the other half, mix in garlic, lemongrass, and green onion.
- Cut up your flank steak and marinate it with the second half of the peanut sauce. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat your oven up to 425F
- In a large sheet pan, coat your vegetables (sugar snap peas, mini corn, carrot as much or as little as you’d like) and peanuts in some olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- Spread it out evenly on a sheet pan.Once your beef is done marinating (this could also be done the night before), place it in a single layer on a rack on top of a sheet pan to catch the drippings.
- Roast everything in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with the sauce that was set aside earlier.
Estimated Nutritional Information
Healthy Lifestyle blogger from Toronto
Carmy is a self-described “healthy-ish living” blogger based in Toronto. On her Carmyy blog, you’ll find her dishing out an amazing variety of “healthy-ish meal prep recipes, Instant Pot recipes, and lightened up family favourites”. Read more