Flatbread Pizza with Peanut “Sausage” Crumbles
This peanut “sausage” crumble could be used on top of pizza or added to your favorite breakfast casserole.
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts
1 tbsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of granulated garlic
1 tsp of fennel seeds (ground)
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of creamy peanut butter
14 oz of pizza dough crust
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of minced garlic
2 each of Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
8-10 each of basil leaves
5 oz of mozzarella cheese
- Combine peanut sausage ingredients into a food processor and blend until it is finely ground and can hold together if pinched.
- Mix olive oil with garlic and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough crust into the desired shape, brush with half of the garlic & olive oil mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with additional garlic oil.
- Top with cheese, tomato slices, and peanut sausage crumbles. Pinch them together into sausage balls, or sprinkle across the whole flatbread.
- Bake an additional 6-8 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Top with basil leaves, slice and serve.
Peanut “Sausage” Crumbles Only: 107 calories/serving, 9 grams of fat, 4 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams protein, 150 mg sodium and 2 grams of fiber.
Estimated Nutritional Information