Latin-Style Turkey Tostada Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
1 lb of deep-fried or roasted turkey
dash of salt and black pepper, to taste
1 each of red onions, medium, diced
1 bunch of cilantro, leaves only, chopped
6 each of romaine lettuce leaves, cut in chiffonade
1 each of tomato, medium, cored, seeded and diced
3/4 cup of Anejo cheese, grated or parmesan
1/4 cup of cider vinegar
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of peanuts, toasted and chopped
1/2 each of serrano chile, finely chopped (optional)
2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of black pepper, freshly ground
8 each of corn tortillas
peanut oil, for frying
refried black beans, (see below)
3 tbsp of sour cream
1 each of avocados, medium, peeled, pitted, thinely sliced
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of beans on each crisp tortilla.
- Top with about 1 teaspoon of sour cream and a few avocado slices.
- Pour enough dressing on the reserved turkey mixture to coat generously and toss well.
- Divide among the tortillas.
- Toss the remaining dressing with the salad mixture and generously cover each tostada with salad.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese anf peanuts to garnish.
© 2011 The Culinary Institute of America. Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to The Peanut Institute.
Estimated Nutritional Information
Sorry, No posts.