Mediterranean Grain Medley with Peanuts
A heart healthy mediterranean salad with ancient grains, fresh vegetables and peanuts.
3 tbsp of peanut oil
2 each of garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes
1/2 each of red bell pepper, diced
1 each of yellow squash, diced
8 oz of snap peas
2 cups of beluga lentils, pre-cooked
1 cup of jasmine rice, pre-cooked
1 each of ginger, 2-inch piece, grated
1 cup of peanuts, plain, roasted
1 bunch of green onions
salt, to taste
lime juice, to taste
cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a sauté pan and add peanut oil.
- Add garlic and pepper flakes, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and squash, sauté for 3-4 minutes. Then add snap peas and cook for an additional minute.
- Add lentils, rice, ginger, lime juice and salt, mix well.
- Heat the grains for 1 minute then toss in the peanuts and green onions.
- Serve warm, enjoy!
Estimated Nutritional Information