Peanut Power Bowl
Power bowls are incredibly popular on social media right now because of their beautiful presentation and vibrant color. As a Registered Dietitian, I really like them because they can also be a great way to get a balanced meal especially if you top it with peanuts!
1/4 cup of water, plus 1 tbsp
1/2 cup of peanut powder
2 tsp of low sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp of lime juice
1 tbsp of brown sugar
1 tsp of garlic cloves, finely minced
- Build Your Base With Whole Grains. Whole grains provide a good source of fiber. Recommended about 1/4 cup of quinoa or brown rice.
- Add Your Protein. Choose a lean protein source which can include lean beef, chicken, pork, eggs or beans.
- Pick Your Veggie. Pick 2-3 different types of veggies! The more color you add, the better!
- Dress it up with a healthy fat source! For this power bowl, I used a spicy peanut dressing.
- And finally, top it off with peanuts for extra power!
Estimated Nutritional Information
Dietitian Nutritionist from Lincoln, Nebraska.
The creator of Stirlist, Amber (or “RD amber” as she’s known on Twitter) is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who’s passionate about food, nutrition science and agriculture—which makes her the perfect source of info on how to use the power of peanuts. She currently works as a freelance Nutrition Communications Consultant, adjunct instructor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and host of the Healthy Under Pressure podcast. Read more