Senegalese Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
1 tbsp of peanut oil
2 cups of onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp of ginger, chopped
3 cups of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
1/2 cup of peanut flour
1 1/2 qt of chicken stock
1 tbsp of brown sugar
dash of salt and black pepper, as needed
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, plain
1 tbsp of roasted peanuts, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the sweet potato, cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the peanut flour, and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the simmer. Simmer 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender and purée until smooth. Strain if desired. Adjust the seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with Greek yogurt and toasted peanuts.
Makes 2 Quarts
Estimated Nutritional Information