Smoked Peanut Broccoli Salad
Tired of traditional salads? Check out this protein and fiber-packed recipe that adds a peanut topping for extra crunch, and a whole lot of delicious.
1 cup of peanuts, smoked and chopped
6 cups of broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of red onions, diced
1/2 cup of golden raisins
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
1 clove of garlic, finely minced
1 1/2 tbsp of dijon mustard
- For best results, preheat electric smoker to 275 F. Spread peanuts on a sheet tray and smoke for about an hour or until desired flavor has been achieved. Remove and let cool. When cooled, chop and set aside.
- Blanch broccoli florets for about 1 minute and cool in ice water bath. Drain and set aside.
- Combine broccoli, red onion, raisins and peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, combine honey, red wine vinegar, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Mix well. Slowly whisk in peanut oil until well combined. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, toss and let chill in refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.
Estimated Nutritional Information