Southern Peanut Coleslaw
Cool off with this new protein-packed take on a summer favorite.
2 each of coleslaw mix, (14 oz. bag)
2 each of red onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup of peanut butter
2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of cider vinegar
2 each of garlic cloves
1/2 tsp of celery seeds
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of peanut oil
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp of salt
1 tbsp of black pepper
1/2 cup of peanuts, roasted, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup of parsley, coarsely chopped
- Slice onions and combine with bagged coleslaw mix.
- Prepare dressing in a food processor by combining peanut butter, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, cayenne, celery seed and garlic.
- With the machine running, pour in the oil in a thin stream to form a thick creamy dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper, pulsing to machine to combine.
- Toss coleslaw mix with the dressing, top with peanuts and parsley. Serve cold.
Estimated Nutritional Information