Spicy Eggs with Smoked Peanuts
This Moroccan inspired peanut recipe is high in protein and is sure to help keep you satisfied throughout the day.
2 each of green bell pepper, seeded
2 each of Chile peppers, green or red, peeled, seeded
1/4 cup of tomato paste
2 cups of water, divided
1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp of paprika
2 tbsp of chile paste
1 tbsp of caraway seeds
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
1 cup of peanuts, smoked or toasted
8 each of eggs
chickpeas, for garnish
cilantro, for garnish
black olives, whole, pitted, for garnish
- Dissolve tomato paste in one cup of the water and set aside.
- Toss the bell pepper and chile pepper into a food processor or blender and puree for 10-15 seconds.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat; add the pureed peppers, tomato water, paprika, chile paste, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Pour in the remaining cup of water. When mixture reaches a boil reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Then increase heat to medium for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in large paella pan. Add in smoked or toasted peanuts.
- Crack the eggs into the pan without breaking the yolks and cook in sauce over medium heat until they set, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, chickpeas and black olives. Enjoy!
Estimated Nutritional Information