Senegalese Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
Makes 2 Quarts
|1||tablespoon peanut oil|
|2||cups onion peeled, diced|
|2||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 1/2||tablespoons ginger, chopped|
|3||cups sweet potato, peeled, diced|
|1/2||cup peanut flour|
|1 1/2||quart chicken stock|
|1||tablespoon brown sugar|
|Salt and black pepper, as needed|
|1/2||cup Greek yogurt|
|1||tablespoon roasted peanuts, chopped|
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the sweet potato, cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the peanut flour, and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the simmer. Simmer 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender and purée until smooth. Strain if desired. Adjust the seasoning with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with Greek yogurt and toasted peanuts.