Smoked Peanut Broccoli Salad
Tired of traditional salads? Check out this protein and fiber-packed recipe that adds a peanut topping for extra crunch, and a whole lot of delicious.
Author: Amber Pankonin
|Peanuts, smoked and chopped||1 cup|
|Broccoli florets, cut into bite size pieces||6 cups|
|Red Onion, small dice||1 cup|
|Golden Raisins||1/2 cup|
|Red Wine Vinegar||2 tbsp|
|Garlic, finely minced||1 clove|
|Dijon Mustard||1.5 tbsp|
|Peanut Oil||1/4 cup + 2 tbsp|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp|
- For best results, preheat electric smoker to 275 F. Spread peanuts on a sheet tray and smoke for about an hour or until desired flavor has been achieved. Remove and let cool. When cooled, chop and set aside.
- Blanch broccoli florets for about 1 minute and cool in ice water bath. Drain and set aside.
- Combine broccoli, red onion, raisins and peanuts in a large mixing bowl.
- For the dressing, combine honey, red wine vinegar, garlic, and Dijon mustard. Mix well. Slowly whisk in peanut oil until well combined. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Pour dressing over broccoli mixture, toss and let chill in refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.