The New Year is an exciting time of renewal. And, getting our bodies healthier, leaner and in-shape is typically on our ‘to do’ list. As anyone who’s gone on a diet or begins choosing healthier foods knows, our good intentions can go by the wayside very quickly.
Fortunately, there are foods that most everyone loves that are healthy and will not go by the wayside – one of them is the beloved peanut.
- p-Coumaric acid: A polyphenol that is one of the main antioxidants in peanuts that promotes gut health and helps reduce inflammation.
- Resveratrol: A powerful antioxidant that may reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Resveratrol can also help increase DNA telomere protection.
- Phytosterols: Peanuts contain considerable amounts of phytosterols, the most common of which is beta-sitosterol. Phytosterols block the absorption of cholesterol from the digestive tract, which helps lower cholesterol levels in the body.
The Top 8 Health Benefits of Peanuts:The Top 8 Health Benefits of Peanuts:
- Can Help You Live Longer • May Help Decrease Blood Pressure
- Can Help Promote Weight Loss Including Belly Fat • Can Help Improve Gut Health
- Can Help Relieve Inflammation • Can Help Reduce LDL (Bad) Cholesterol
- Promotes Heart Health
- Can Help Protect Against Alzheimer’s Disease and Cognitive Decline
Many people believe that peanuts promote weight gain. In fact, research shows they do not increase weight gain, despite their high fat content. One reason is peanuts are so satiating, even with increased consumption, weight loss still occurs. Plus, the fat in peanuts is a healthy monounsaturated fat that can even reduce belly fat. Remember, it is the quality of the food that matters most in regards to health and weight loss.
Peanuts come in a variety of options, such as creamy peanut butter, whole unshelled salted peanuts or shelled peanuts that are salted, boiled, dry-roasted and roasted.
To get the most enjoyment and nutrition from peanuts, be sure to incorporate them daily in every form, from savory to sweet options such as with this healthy and delicious treat!
Link to recipe is here!