Monte Cristo del Rio Grande
4 each of eggs
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of kosher salt
1/4 cup of club soda
1/2 tbsp of lime zest, finely grated
6 slices of sourdough bread, white or whole-wheat each buttered on one side
6 each of Pepper jack cheese, thick slices, about 6 oz total
6 oz of smoked ham, like black forest, sliced
8 oz of deep-fried turkey, cut in thin slices
4 tbsp of strawberry jam, plus extra to serve
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Bring the water, cider, and apple juice to a boil; add the salt and brown sugar.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes; skim any foam off the top.
- Add the remaining ingredients and chill over ice or in a sink with cold water to 40°F to 45°F.
- Add the turkey to the brine and let rest overnight.
- Agitate in the morning to speed up the brining process.
- Brine for 1 to 2 days.
- Rinse with water and dry for at least 2 hours.
- Deep-fry the turkey according to directions.
© 2011 The Culinary Institute of America. Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to The Peanut Institute.
Estimated Nutritional Information
Sorry, No posts.